When we moved in to this house years ago, it had a carport that I wanted to enclose and make into workshop. It had lattice up on the sides, That I quickly just put plywood over to give it a little security. But it looked terrible and when we finally trimmed the bushes my terrible patch because painfully obvious.
So I got to work. For work reasons, I had less than 1 week to get it sorted. We decided we wanted stacked stone, so we went to Floor & Decor and picked out the one we liked most. After that, I got 2 x 4's and plywood to replace the lattice patch with a properly framed wall.
I got some Hardibacker from Home Depot, and put that over the plywood to give me a stable base to work with. Screwed it to the plywood and joined the seams prior to installing lath to hold the mortar for the scratch coat.
The problem I had was I didn't make the scratch coat as level as it could have been. So I ended up having to chip some to get it flat or using more mortar than I intended to get the stone to stick. Oh well. I'll get it right the next time.
That was half way, but as you can see in the lower picture... it came out pretty impressive.
All that is left is to clean up the mortar mishaps where I got it on the brick. I need to seal the stone and after that I'm going to do some work on the inside. I'm going to put sheetrock up on the inside to cover up the studs. and I think it will look neat with the exposed brick.
The rest is other stuff like better shop furniture.